These alphabet letter formation and writing practice cards a great alternative to alphabet handwriting worksheets. This is a great activity to add to your printable alphabet letter crafts of the week. You can focus on each letter your preschooler or toddler is learning. By adding some colorful paint your preschooler will have some hands on mess free fun!
Alphabet Letter Formation Cards
My 3 year old daughter is currently working on learning her alphabet letters.
Please note that affiliate links are used in this post.
- Cardstock (This is the same paper we use for all of our painting activities.)
- Gallon Ziplock Bags
- Paint (I use Lakeshore Learning Paint)
- The alphabet letter formation cards or plain alphabet letter cards. These can be found at the bottom of this post.
Watch the video to see how I prepared the activity and how we used the cards. (I’d love for you to hit thumbs up and follow me on Youtube.)
Squirt some paint on to the card stock. If you just want to do the mess free painting activity then you can use less paint like the picture below.
If you would like to do the vocabulary cards then put in more paint.
Then choose which cards you would like to use. An older child would be able to understand how we need to start on the red dot (not pictured) and then move from step one to step two. Younger kids may find it easier to just copy it.
Try to interact with your child at this stage. Take their finger and do the motion for each alphabet letter with them the first two times.
Download the alphabet letter formation cards
Press the button or the image to grab the free download.
Download the alphabet letter cards
More Alphabet Letter Activities
- Alphabet letter sound mats
- Alphabet letter hunt
- Penguin letter matching
- Alphabet letter fishing
- Alphabet play dough mats
- Build an alphabet letter box
- Alphabet letter game – Runaway Letter (By Growing Book By Book)
- Alphabet Cookie Match Game (By Busy Toddler)
- Contact Paper Alphabet Letter Painting
- Printable Alphabet Letter Crafts (My most popular post!)
Don’t forget to get a free 30 day trial at ABC Mouse – This program is perfect for learning letters and so much more! My 3 year old plays this app and we love to use it when we are out and about.
My favorite alphabet toys