This halloween themed happy sad kids pumpkin finger painting art activity is perfect for a toddler or preschool aged kids. Add these cute adorable pumpkins to your halloween home decorations while exploring emotions with your child.
Materials Required: (Affiliate links are used in this post.)
- Cardstock (I LOVE and always use this one. It glides through my printer easily and is the perfect weight for finger painting and all other activities.)
- Finger paint pumpkin
- Orange Finger Paint (The first time we did this activity we did not have orange so I mixed red and yellow paint.)You may have seen a step by step on my instagram account. I showed you guys how easy clean up was too because of the way I set up the activity.
For open ended art today we made finger paint pumpkins. The theme was orange and black. I noticed in yesterdays spider activity that D didn’t want to get his hands dirty with the paint and his teacher at school mentioned a few days before that he didn’t want to play with mud so I took this opportunity to take out the finger paints. I’m going to focus this week for D on textures. I will be encouraging touching, feeling, and mixing.
Since we did not have any orange finger paints we squirted red and yellow finger paint.
When we were done we added black eyes, nose, and a mouth.
I know that open ended art is supposed to have no guidance but today I knew that D needed a SLIGHTLY structured activity. He enjoys open ended art more when me or his cousins do the activity alongside him ( I had a pumpkin to finger paint too).
Would you like to do this activity with your child? Here is a printable: Finger paint pumpkin. (Or click the picture)
Just print the pieces on card stock (or normal paper if that’s all you have), Cut, finger paint, glue shapes on 🙂
Pin it here:
Latest posts by nadia tayob (see all)
- Kids Printable School Morning Routine Cards - August 4, 2017
- Back to School Clothes Shopping Tips with OshKosh B’Gosh - August 3, 2017
- How To Encourage Creativity In Preschoolers - July 27, 2017