I want to start calendar time with the kids which I think would tie in all the activities we will be doing for the rest of the year.
How do you put the preschool calendar together?
I bought a piece of poster board from Clicks because I couldn’t find foam board there.
Behind every item that needs to be changed (ex. shapes, colors, date) I created a pocket behind it so that it could store the other pieces.
Where to get the free calendar time printables for preschool and kindergarten from?
I have included the printable shape of the day and letter of the week sections at the bottom of this post. You can find all the other printables below.
I printed off each of these pieces from:
- What’s The Weather Like Today? from Confessions of A Homeschooler
- Today, Tommorow, Yesterday from Confessions of A Homeschooler
- What Season is it? from Confessions of A Homeschooler
- The Date and Day of the week were downloaded from Mama Jenn
- Color of the Week from Mama Jenn
- The Weather Bear is from Little Sprouts (I haven’t put the pieces or the velcro on yet)
- The Ice cream cone with red ice cream is from Itty Bitty Bookworm curriculum. The colors are interchangeable so you can change the pieces when you have another color of the week. Itty Bitty Bookworm has some great calendar printables and if I had seen them before I probably would have done the days of the week from there because it looks so cute!
- Letter of the Week is from Me. I used the alphabets though from Erica’s Chicka Chicka Boom Boom small alphabets at Confessions of a Homeschooler. I want to transfer the letters to our Chicka Chicka Boom Boom tree after we complete our letter for that week. During the week I want it up on our calendar board. I created a Letter of the Week area for our calender to re-inforce letter recognition.
- Shape Of the Day is from Me. I left two spots open at the bottom of the page so that you or your child can draw in the shapes if you would like instead.
Letter of the Week and Shape Of the Day sections here