Looking for food group worksheets and food pyramid lesson plans? Then this activity pack has you covered. While it may say preschool on the pack you can print out the pages that are most suitable for the age of your child. There is also a cut and glue food pyramid activity too!
Food Pyramid Activity Pack
After I started discussing the different food groups with my daughter and we sorted our play food into food groups using my printable food group cards we began talking about healthy and not healthy choices during our day to day meals. Being the naturally teaching mama that I am I wanted to work on a few more skills like patterning, art activities, number recognition and letter recognition.
Please note that affiliate links may be used in this post.
I order all of our materials using our Amazon Prime Account. My readers can Try Amazon Prime for 30-Day using this Free Trial link.
What is included in the activity pack:
- Food pyramid worksheets
- Tracing pages
- Handwriting worksheets
- Word building puzzles
- Counting and number puzzles
- Do a Dot Art Pages
- Food Group 3 part cards
- Cutting strips
- 2 and 4 piece puzzle cards
- Dot the letter worksheets
There are 6 food categories: Grains, Dairy, Vegetable, Meats, Sweets and Fruits. You can even discuss serving sizes for each group depending on the age of the child.
If you do not have Do A Dot Art Markers then you can have your child stamp the correct letter using their stamped finger or they can color it.
Make sure to cut out on the dotted lines
Download the Food Group Pack Here
Check out the pretend play picnic to grab these amazing food group sorting cards.
More Preschool Activity Packs and activities:
- Unicorn Preschool Activity Pack
- Skittles Rainbow
- Birthday Balloon Avalanche
- Sorting Activity (Totschooling)
- Sorting Mats (File Folder Fun) <—- These would be great for decorating a classroom too!
Latest posts by nadia tayob (see all)
- Alphabet Coloring Pages - September 12, 2017
- Uppercase and Lowercase Letter Matching Clip Cards - September 5, 2017
- Learning Through Play Phonics Activities - August 22, 2017