Every year for each of my children’s birthdays we have this fun family birthday tradition. Are you looking for fun birthday morning surprises or exciting ways to make your child feel special on their birthday? We set up a birthday balloon avalanche so that when our kids wake up in the morning and open their door the balloons all fall on them. It makes for a wonderful beginning to a child’s birthday and truly makes them feel extra special. Read this post to see how to make a kids birthday balloon avalanche surprise. Watch the end to see a Balloon Avalanche Video.
Please note that affiliate links are used in this post.
- Crepe Paper
- * Balloon Pump (This is optional. I have done this for many years by just blowing the balloons up myself.)
You may have seen this online and wondered how to make balloons fall when the door opens. It is all about the placement and the door has to open towards the inside.
Setting up the Balloon Avalanche
Once your child has gone to bed for the night you can set up the balloon avalanche. If your child wakes up for the bathroom at night I would suggest you wake up 30 minutes before your child’s scheduled wake up time in order to create this at the last possible minute.
First you place your crepe paper and add balloons row by row.
Don’t put the crepe paper up all on its own because you might find that the balloons don’t fit. You will have to go row by row… one row of crepe paper then the balloons in order to get it to fit properly.
Make sure to watch the video below to see how simple it was to create.Make a Balloon Avalanche for your #birthday boy or girl http://bit.ly/2n5IiwnClick To Tweet
The Balloon Avalanche In Action
I wanted to record his face when he opened the door so I set my alarm for five minutes before he was due to wake up for school. Then I waited outside his door….
This is what happened…
What a beautiful start to his day. You definitely should try this one!
Kids Birthday Balloon Avalanche Video In Action:
More kids birthday ideas:
- Make a special sprinkle sandwich birthday school lunch bento.
- Check out my daughters Minnie Mouse Birthday Party.
- My son’s Superhero Birthday Party was so much of fun!
- Don’t forget future birthday’s with this cute Birthday Reminder Printable
- Then try out this fun Skittles Science experiment
- Have a play dough birthday party
- Use Chalk Markers to write on windows, bathroom mirrors and even in the shower special birthday notes.
- Fill the house with balloons by blowing them up after bedtime the night before.
- Buy a special birthday book and write their name and age in it.
- Buy a gift from these 10 toys that encourage STEM skills.
- You could also buy these wonderful toys that any playroom should have.
- Check out these Birthday Themes for fun ideas: Minnie Mouse Birthday Party and Superhero Party
- How to not be that parent when your kid is invited to a birthday party
Have you ever done a birthday balloon avalanche? Do you have any tips?
Latest posts by Nadia (see all)
- Baking Soda And Vinegar Reaction - February 15, 2018
- Frozen Castle Elsa and Anna Toys Review + Snow Sensory Bin - February 13, 2018
- How To Get Slime Out of Clothes And Carpet - February 13, 2018