Throw a play dough birthday party at home with these fun playdoh birthday cupcakes and card. Kids will love blowing out the candles and pretending its their birthday! Add this to a real play dough themed birthday for more themed party fun!
Play Dough Birthday Party Activity
In honor of my 30th birthday we had a family playdoh party! My kids, including my toddler, loved creating some fun and colorful cupcake birthday treats. This is such a wonderful activity to celebrate a kids birthday and would even be wonderful as a playdoh party station at your next birthday party. The printable activity card is like frosting on the cupcake! Playing with play dough is a great toddler activity as well as preschool activity.
Please note that affiliate links are used in this post.
–Playdoh (We use our homemade playdoh version.)
– Silicone cupcake liners
– Anything that can act as sprinkles. We used confetti. I love these stars and circles.
–Happy Birthday “What I Love About You” coloring page and card.
– Coloring and art material like the crayola twistables.
The Birthday Playdoh Activity
We kids love playing with their play dough mats and this play dough activity is open ended fun.
I absolutely love how colorful this birthday kids activity is! It just makes me so happy looking at it.
Do not forget the candles because this is the MAIN part of the whole birthday activity. It’s the part that draws the kids in. If you can, you can even treat them later by lighting up some of these candles for them to blow out.
My two year old toddler did a great job creating on her own and was even able to play independently too. She loved poking holes into the play dough and hiding the confetti in there. She really seemed to enjoy this kids activity.
I was then told to step away so that my six year old could get started on her card and write all the things that she loves about me.
I was able to catch a glimpse or two with my camera although I had to promise to not actively be reading what she was writing.
Then I walked away but stayed in the same room. I was able to check out my instagram comments and page during that time and when I came back to the table I had found this:
My toddler created her own playdoh color matching activity using our playdoh and crayola twistables. I was very impressed and could see our activities rubbing off on her independent time.
This activity would make a great play dough birthday party idea!
Download the What I love about you birthday card and coloring page:
More fun birthday ideas
- Start the day with a kids balloon avalanche
- Then try out this fun Skittles Science experiment
- Download and print a birthday reminder.
- Make a birthday scavenger hunt (Love and Marriage Blog)
- Use Chalk Markers to write on windows, bathroom mirrors and even in the shower special birthday notes.
- Fill the house with balloons by blowing them up after bedtime the night before.
- Buy a special birthday book and write their name and age in it.
- Buy a gift from these 10 toys that encourage STEM skills.
- You could also buy these wonderful toys that any playroom should have.
- Check out these Birthday Themes for fun ideas: Minnie Mouse Birthday Party and Superhero Party
Looking for more playdoh fun? Check these out:
– Ladybug Playdough Mats
– Counting Tree Playdoh Mats
– Spring Play Dough Beading and Fine Motor Activity
– Play dough Number and Alphabet Playdoh Mats
– Tot school trays that include a daily playdoh cupcake counting activity.
My Favorite Play Dough Supplies
Favorite Play Dough Activities From Around The Web
- Frozen Play Dough (Make and Takes)
- Playdoh Birthday (The Pinterested Parent)
- Playdoh Literacy Ideas (Primary Possibilities)