Welcome 2024 with our Free Printable New Years Coloring Pages. It’s sure to add a personal element to your end-of-year festivities. You and the kids can dive into this selection of FIVE festive (and no-prep)! printables that were made to spark creativity and set the mood for a fresh start! Use them to entertain the kids while you’re busy with preparations; use them as a countdown, at your New Year’s Eve party, as greeting cards, or as a classroom activity! There is a page for everyone! Simply pull out your kid’s favorite crayons and some glitter (if you’d like) to get started.
Check out our post on How to Set a New Year’s Resolution for Kids. It is filled with ideas to help them make a plan and work daily to achieve a special goal.
How to Explain New Years to Kids
Consider this a quick fact sheet that you can use to explain New Years to your little ones. As they color in these pages, you can engage the kids with some interesting information to highlight why the end of the year is special.
- New Year’s Day, usually observed on January 1st in America, is a global holiday marking the beginning of a new year for many people.
- It’s among the most ancient celebrations. Over 4,000 years have passed since the first New Year’s celebrations.
- Depending on their various calendars, people from different cultures and places celebrate the new year at different times.
- Many people celebrate with loved ones by hosting/attending a New Year’s Eve party the night before.
- They count down the seconds until midnight while staying up late.
- Many people decorate their places with balloons and throw confetti.
- Often at midnight, people go outdoors to watch organized fireworks displays.
- It’s customary to give someone a kiss or a handshake at midnight and wish them a happy new year.
- A lot of people make resolutions for the new year. For them, New Year’s Day represents an opportunity to start over or a symbolic representation of new beginnings.
- New Year’s holds a lot of symbolism. Our coloring sheets are extremely fun, but they’re also a great way to teach the kids WHY they celebrate.
Check out our favorite kindergarten and preschool supplies with links here.
Free New Year’s Coloring Sheets
There are 5 wonderful free coloring pages to choose from in this pack. Scroll to the bottom of this post to get your free PDF.
No matter whether you choose to display the colored pages in your classroom, at home, or give them to family and friends as greeting cards, these festive coloring pages are the best part of New Year activities. They come in handy, especially if you’re hosting a New Year’s Eve Party with kids.
Celebrating New Year’s Eve with Kids
If you’ve put your wild years behind you and you miss the buzz, let me tell you that celebrating with kids is still a blast. In fact, I think I enjoy it more! I love knowing that I can make a holiday more special for the kids and add to their memories that they can fondly look back on. Here are some ideas to make it one for the books:
- Count down the hours until midnight with balloons that get popped every hour
- Color in our themed coloring sheets
- Fill goodie bags with treats and label them with the hours until midnight
- Put together a year-in-review slideshow with all your favorite pictures from the year. Wear cozy pajamas, snuggle, and watch it together
- Come up with a special New Years Eve celebration, like a special handshake
Get the Free New Years Coloring Pages Here
Your free printable coloring pages await! Double check your printer settings to make sure that the page is set to ‘fit to printable area’ so that the bottom of the new year printables don’t get cut off!
For more fun ideas, check out these 50 Ideas for Celebrating New Year with Kids.
If your little ones love this activity, then they’ll love our Winter Coloring Pages! Check it out to keep them engaged and entertained over the holiday season.