Today I want to show you how to make stamps at home. This DIY create your own stamp activity is a great kids craft project. You can work on patterning, letter recognition, shapes and so much more. For toddlers and preschoolers make foam shape stamps. For older kids make name stamps.
How to make stamps at home with your kids
My toddler (who is also a preschooler) is stamp obsessed and loves all her Melissa & Doug Stamps. She uses stamps every single day. I’m always trying to come up with activity ideas that suit my kids different interests.
- Popsicle stick(or tongue dispensers), if you are doing just alphabet letters then these square wooden blocks would work too.
- Foam alphabet letters– You may need to layer a few of the letters on top of each other if it isn’t thick enough to stamp. If you don’t have this you can use alphabet cookie cutters on foam sheets.
- Foam Shapes if you are doing patterns or shapes. These Foam flowers and misc shapes are so pretty! You can use them later for collaging too.
- Glue. I had sticky foam alphabet letters but you could also use a low temp glue gun (LOVE this one!) and glue sticks for 1st graders up. I’ve done this too and its a good introduction to learning how to use a glue gun.
- Stamp Pad
How to make a name stamp:
All you need to do is glue your name on the popsicle sticks… make sure you do the letters upside down so that they show correctly when you stamp it… (mirror image)… see my example:
Ok, so I know that these letters weren’t a good example because three out of the four letters mirror each other from top to bottom. Just make sure that before you glue it, you place it and then envision what the letters will turn out like once stamped.
How to make other kids stamps using foam letters:
Then the kids created patterns with the shapes and glued that down.
I then placed it on a tray with a piece of paper and let my kids use them.
Latest posts by Nadia (see all)
- Printable End of the Year Teacher Appreciation Gift Fingerprint - May 26, 2017
- DIY Hand Fidget Spinners With Videos! - May 24, 2017
- Play and Learn – STEM Activities + Toys for Multiple Ages! - May 22, 2017