Learn all about the Caribou animal, also known as the reindeer animal, by learning some caribou facts (reindeer facts), caribou + reindeer habitat, caribou migration and more. Have you ever wondered where reindeer live? Sure, the north pole sounds fancy… find out more in this pack!
A fun way to learn about the Caribou animal is to learn about the Caribou life cycle, also known as the life cycle of reindeer. Reindeer’s and caribou’s are the same animal, however, reindeers are more commonly associated as the creatures who pull Santa’s sleigh. Pair it with your winter or arctic theme unit.
My children love learning about life cycles. You can find a ton of life cycle freebies on the blog here.
Children will love learning about the life cycle of a reindeer with this amazing reindeer life cycle learning pack that contains real photos! One other great thing about this pack is that many of the activities can be enjoyed multiple times and in a variety of ways and by children of varying ages.
Here is a video showing you a closer look inside:
Please note that affiliate links are used in this post.
Here are some items that pair well with these activities. You will use each of these items over and over during all my printable preschool activity packs.
- Card stock (to print everything out on.)
- A pocket chart(I have this one and this mini one too.)
- Laminator with pockets (If you want to make it reusable.)
Reindeer Life Cycle
The activities included in this 40+ page printable pack are:
- Cards containing real life photos of the reindeer life cycle
- Posters of the reindeer life cycle which include the following topics: newborn, calf, adults, reindeer, antlers, run, appearance, herds, tundra, predators, diet and migration.
- Reindeer can, have, are.
- Reindeers – what I know, what I think about, what I learned.
- Parts of a Reindeer –a poster and a cut and paste activity
- Reindeer Life Cycle –a poster and a cut and paste activity
- Reindeers and Moose –Venn diagram
- Reindeers and Moose –What they each can have and what both can have.
- All About Reindeers –A book for children to complete about what they have learned about reindeers.
- Life Cycle of a Reindeer –A book for children to complete about what they have learned about the life cycle of a reindeer.
- Migrate or Not –A cut and paste in the correct column activity
- Reindeer or Not –A cut and paste in the correct column activity.
Where to get the activity?
You can get the sampler of the activity pack here… This includes 2 pages from the pack.
Want the whole pack? Then Get the caribou animal reindeer life cycle activity here.