I purchased a lovely Sand Art Kit from Creatives and Arts here in South Africa. They have two types of sand art kits. One is a basic kit that is a small pack and the second kit is a kit with these great bottles and trays that make clean up so simple!
Sand Art Benefits Include:
- Works on Fine Motor Skills/Hand Eye-Coordination – Child needs to peel away the area that he wants to put sand and then place the sand in that area.
- Works on their attention span/concentration and builds perseverance.
- Allows them to be creative and use their imagination – Child can use whichever color they like and can think out of the box.
- It is FUN. (That is very important!)
What I love about Sand Art (especially this particular kit) is that the kids think I am doing something amazingly creative with them and it looks so grand! It doesn’t seem like a ‘by the way’ activity (which it actually is) but a big “Wow look at what Mom has planned for us!” (Like it took hours to plan and set up!)
Also, instead of watching your child do their art activity you can join in on the fun. I promise it is just as fun for us adults as it is for your child.
Have you done Sand Art with your child? Did your child enjoy it?
Latest posts by Nadia (see all)
- Disney Cruise Castaway Cay - March 16, 2018
- Everything You Need To know About The Disney Dream Disney Cruise Ship - March 16, 2018
- Disney Animal Kingdom Fastpass Tips + Pandora Disney World Tips - March 12, 2018