I first colored rice and placed it into the bins. I then looked out for different trinkets around the house that would be suited to Valentines Day.
I love that the spoon is unusual and will not behave like a normal spoon. The rice will fall through it.
I added a few pink cups and a cookie cutter. Then I cut out some foam hearts as well as some felt hearts. These will both feel very different to the kids, which could open up some conversations about how the two hearts feel different. I then added a few smaller foam hearts and hid them in various areas to create the surprise factor!
Are you not sure how to make colored rice?
Pop on over to Jozi Kids blog and read this blog post I wrote on how to make colored rice! It is Super Easy: DIY Kids: Making Colored Rice
For this project I colored the rice pink, red, and a very solid red.
How you can recreate this at home:
Look around your house to see what you have that could be thrown in. Make some colored rice. After you are done then think about what items you can place inside your sensory bin for scooping. Kids love the scooping part.
Affiliate links are used in this post.
- Get a container for your sensory bin
- Throw in some heart shaped cookie cutters
- Throw in heart silicone liners
- Throw in heart wooden beads
- Add in heart scoops.
- I added in porcupine balls too.
More Valentine’s Day Crafts and Activities for kids:
- Valentine’s Sensory Bin
- Paper Flowers Craft Gift
- Valentine’s Alphabet and Number Tracing Pack
- Do a Dot Art Hearts
- Penguin Counting Mats
- Valentine’s Bingo Cards
- Valentine’s I Love You Banner Painting Activity
- Valentine’s Count and Clip Cards
Click the image to be taken to the post.
Pin it below!
More Sensory Bins:
Latest posts by Nadia (see all)
- Baking Soda And Vinegar Reaction - February 15, 2018
- Frozen Castle Elsa and Anna Toys Review + Snow Sensory Bin - February 13, 2018
- How To Get Slime Out of Clothes And Carpet - February 13, 2018