Looking for Valentine’s gifts for kids? Then why not create a fun Valentine’s Basket for kids! You can create a book basket by using only heart and love themed books or you can theme it like I did below with red, purple and pink colors and a theme of love.
Valentine’s Gifts For Kids
I often create special themed baskets for my children. I love to theme them according to the current holiday or even a season change. Sometime’s I create a Book basket.
After perusing the web for Valentine’s Day gift basket ideas, I decided to choose items that I knew we would use over and over and also gifts that would follow my daughters natural interest.
When choosing your valentine’s gifts for kids, make sure that you think of your child’s age and current interests. What would she LOVE to have? A stuffed animal always comes to mind.
Valentine’s Day Baskets For Kids
Please note that affiliate links are included in this post. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.
I normally give our Valentine’s basket to my children on February 1st. Sometimes, I give it a little earlier, especially if there are a lot of books in the book basket. This allows us time to go through each of the heart themed books multiple times throughout the month of February. I would add in some Valentine’s themed pajamas to the mix… but I prepared this example basket a little earlier than normal, before I could grab a pair of Valentine’s pajamas for kids. (I will definitely be giving them themed pajamas, it just wont be added to the basket this year.)
I chose books on our Valentine’s Day books for preschoolers and kindergarten book list that we didn’t already have. These were new additions. You can find links to our favorite themed Valentine’s books, as well as new books that have amazing reviews!
Here is a video on my YouTube channel of how I created the Valentine basket
Here are my Valentine’s gift basket ideas for kids:
In my 4 year old daughters basket I included the following items:
- Love Monster board book with a Love Monster plush toy.
- Valentine’s stickers
- Old Lady Who Swallowed a Rose book – my daughter loves the “Old Lady Who Swallowed…” themed books.
- The Day It Rained Hearts Book
- Snowy Valentine’s Book
- Fancy Nancy Heart to Heart Book
- A Card
- Valentine’s Tic Tac Toe Game.
- Normally, Valentine’s pajamas are included.
- Somebody loves you Mr Hatch – This is a wonderful book about compassion and helping those who may feel lonely. It encourages kindness, empathy and love.
- In My Heart – Our Hearts can feel so many things… children will learn new vocabulary words as they learn to put a word to how they may be feeling.
- Words And Your Heart – Words can have a powerful affect on your heart. Some words can make you happy, while others can make you sad. This book teaches children the power of their words and encourages them to make the world a better place by choosing good words.
Toddler Valentine Gift Ideas
Last year, when my daughter was 3 and if you are looking for Valentine’s gifts for toddlers I would recommend the following items:
- Llama llama I Love You with Llama llama bean bag plush
- Elmo’s My Fuzzy Valentine
- Happy Valentine’s Day Mouse
- Fancy Clancy Secret Admirer book
- Junie B Jones and the Mushy Gushy Valentine
- Turkish Girls Robe
- A Valentine themed apron – I had a hard time choosing between those type of aprons vs the princess themed aprons.
How To Create A Book Basket
You can create a book basket easily by just including books and little characters from books instead of toys and clothing.
Do you have anything to add to the Valentine’s Day gifts for kids?
Valentine’s Day Ideas for Kids
- 50+ Valentine’s Activities For Preschoolers– Loaded with fun valentine’s crafts and activities.. you have to check out this list.
- Valentine’s Day Crafts For Kids – I love you painting activity
- Crayon Resist Secret Love Notes Activity – Write secret letters to your children that magically appear when they paint over it.
- Valentine’s Day Printables Pack – Includes fun activities, worksheets, games and Valentine’s coloring pages.
- Valentine’s Sensory Bin
- Valentine’s Skittles Science Experiment