This Butterfly Life Cycle Learning Pack is great fun printable pack for preschoolers and toddlers. With 70 pages of fun, hands-on and written fun, your children will enjoy learning about the different stages of the butterfly life cycle. The great thing is, many of these activities can be enjoy multiple times and in a variety of ways. You can find all of our printable packs here.
BUTTERFLY LIFE CYCLE LEARNING PACK
Bring this activity to life by actually watching the caterpillar and butterfly life cycle in real life. You can find a link to the live butterfly garden below. You can read about each part of the butterfly life cycle experience here.
Please note that affiliate links are used in this post.
- White paper / card stock
- Laminator (if you would like to reuse the activities)
- Printable Activity
- Butterfly Life Cycle Habitat and Activity – We used the Insect Lore Butterfly Garden (This one comes with a voucher that you would use once you receive the package that will allow you to get some caterpillars for free.) Or you can purchase the package that comes with everything together.
- Butterfly life cycle figures if you have them
- Books on butterflies, caterpillars and the butterfly life cycle – The Very Hungry Caterpillar book is a great addition
Butterfly Life Cycle Learning Pack
The activities included in this 70 printable pack are:
- Alphabet Flashcards. Once these cards have been printed out and laminated, they can be used for teaching the letters of the alphabet, alphabetical order, spelling simple words and matching the lower case letters to the uppercase ones.
- Number Flashcards. Again, print these out and laminate before using them for learning to count from 1 to 10. They can also be used to match the number with the word number, and for learning simple addition or subtraction. They can be used in conjunction with the alphabet flashcards, by having your child spell out the numbers with the alphabet cards.
- Butterfly Life Cycle. Included is a printable poster of the butterfly life cycle as well as a cut and paste page for your child to complete while learning the order of the events that take place during the butterfly life cycle.
- Do-A-Dot pages. Find the letter and dot them out.
- I Spy. How many of the pictures can you find?
- Simple Handwriting Practice. Great for helping kids learn to spell while practicing their letter formation.
- Number Puzzles. Print out and laminate for repetitive use. Learn to count in 1’s, 2’s, 3’s, 4’s and 5’s while making the puzzles.
- 3 Part Puzzles. Print out and laminate and then have fun matching the pieces of the puzzles.
- Cut and Paste Missing Numbers. Learn to count and practice scissor skills at the same time. Cut out the numbers and paste them in the correct places.
- Size Sequencing Cards. Cut out and laminate for durability. Place the cards in order from smallest to largest or largest to smallest. They can also be used to place in sequence of the events of the butterfly life cycle.
- Story Writing Pages. Write about what you have learnt about each part of the butterfly life cycle or make up your own stories.
- Count and Clip Cards. Count the pictures and clip the answer with a paperclip or peg or place a pom pom on the answer.
- Simple Addition and Subtraction. Color or clip the correct answer.
- Vocabulary Cards. Included are 3 part cards as well as information cards that can be used to learn about the butterfly life cycle.
YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THIS ACTIVITY HERE
Butterfly themed activities for preschoolers:
- Butterfly Yarn Activity
- Butterfly and Insect Sensory Bin
- Caterpillar to Butterfly Life Cycle Activity
- Letter C Craft: C is for caterpillar
- Make cute recycled insects
You can find all of our printable packs here.