These rainbow matching number puzzles are perfect for preschoolers and toddlers learning to count using their fingers.
Rainbow Matching Number and Finger Cards
My 3 year old loves these two piece puzzles and is obsessed with working with numbers. She can recognize many numbers but if you add those little hands and fingers into the picture you get the most adorable giggles too. After we did the rainbow q-tip art activity I knew she would love these rainbow matching cards.
Please note that affiliate links may be used in this post.
This activity is simple. All you need are 2 simple things.
- Card stock to print on. I print out all my activity cards on to card stock paper.
- The printable rainbow activity which you can find at the bottom of this post.
How to use this printable:
Print out on to card stock paper. Then cut each square out and in half on the dotted line.
Give your child the appropriate amount of cards. I always give my 3 year old 5 cards to start depending on whether she already knows the numbers.
I sit down and work with her while she does this.
Another way to use the cards is to not cut them up. Basically just cut each card rectangle and then have your child look at each number as well as the amount of fingers. Have your child show you how many fingers by using their own hands. This is probably more appropriate for 2 and 3 year olds.
I also like to use our number clip cards to reinforce number recognition.
Download the Number Rainbow Matching Finger Cards
Latest posts by Nadia (see all)
- Disney Cruise Castaway Cay - March 16, 2018
- Everything You Need To know About The Disney Dream Disney Cruise Ship - March 16, 2018
- Disney Animal Kingdom Fastpass Tips + Pandora Disney World Tips - March 12, 2018