Looking for some first grade 3 little pigs activities? Then check out these Three Little Pigs Vocabulary Cards and Read Build Write Mats. This activity is perfect for working on sight words, spelling and even handwriting. It is truly amazing how this fairytale is loved by children all over the world. Kids love to re-enact the story by playing the wolf. It doesn’t matter whether you have a preschooler or even a second grader, the love for this fairytale holds strong.
Three Little Pigs Vocabulary Cards
I noticed a major improvement on spelling when I added Read Build Write mats to our weekly schedule. These are also perfect for classroom word work centers! You can find all of our Read Build Write Mats and Cards here. These activity mats are also known as Say it Make it Write it Mats too.
First we read the book together. After we created the 3 little pigs houses play set and sensory bin my 3 year old and 7 year old did the three little pigs sequencing cards story. I was amazed at all the vivid details they remembered from the story. The next day they did the Three Little Pigs Coloring and Painting watercolor story activity.
Tools we used
Please note that affiliate links may be used in this post.
- Three Little Pigs Book
- Dry Erase Markers
- Laminator and Laminating Pouches
- Alphabet Letters – You can create your own alphabet letter box by using some of the letters below. We love using our All About Spelling Letter Magnets for this.
Wooden Letters (I used these in this post)
Learning Resources Lacing Letters Uppercase and Lowercase (Love these for so many different uses!)
Storage container for alphabet letters
- Printable Read Build Write Templates, which you will find at the bottom of this post.
How to do the activity
Download the Three Little Pigs Vocabulary Cards + Read Build Write Mats
Don’t forget to grab the Three Little Pigs Printable Pack too!
Latest posts by Nadia (see all)
- Best Board Games For Families To Play Together - November 19, 2017
- Tips for Traveling to Miami With Kids - November 15, 2017
- Tips for Traveling To New York With Kids – Travel Diary - November 15, 2017