This Toddler and Preschool Insect and Bugs Sensory Bin is a wonderful way for kids to explore insects. My toddler loved learning about ladybugs, butterflies and dragonflies. This would also be the perfect Spring Sensory Bin too! Read on to see the other Insect and Bugs Crafts that we did.
Our theme this week was bugs so I set out a Bugs themed sensory bin for my kids. My toddler, preschooler and older kids love exploring and playing with our sensory bins so I try my best to create one each month. I have been collecting different types of bugs for a while in order to use them for our sensory bin. My ladybug cut and paste visual perception activity is a perfect addition to this sensory bin.
Bugs Sensory Bin Materials Required:
This post contains affiliate links.
– Green colored rice (use rice, vinegar and green food coloring. You can follow the steps in my how to color salt tutorial.)
– Different Bugs, tools, cups and other items. You can use butterflies, insects and ladybugs. These bugs look really adorable! I purchased all the ones I used at a random local store.
– A bin to place these items in.
How to make the Bugs and Spring Sensory bin:
- Add in your dyed green rice.
- Then add your figurines to create a scene. I added some big ladybugs as well as some small ladybugs. I placed some butterflies and some dragonflies around the bin as well as on the tree.
How my kids used the bin:
She did some sorting by placing all the baby(small) ladybugs in a cup.
Kids will love scooping, pouring and playing. It is also a great activity for siblings to do together.
This bugs and spring themed sensory bin was used off and on for many weeks and the kids rarely wanted to put it away. The cups were great for them to scoop and play. They enjoyed hiding the bugs and then pretending they were crawling out.
Want to tie in to this spring themed sensory bin?
How about doing one of the following activities:
For more creative sensory bins and kids activity ideas follow me on Pinterest.
More Ladybug Crafts From Fun With Mama
- Cute Ladybug Number Counting Play Dough Mats
- Ladybug Counting Activity
- Ladybug Cut and Paste Activity
- Ladybug Paper Plate Craft
- Follow my Insect Pinterest Board
My Ladybug Picks
Latest posts by Nadia (see all)
- Disney Cruise Castaway Cay - March 16, 2018
- Everything You Need To know About The Disney Dream Disney Cruise Ship - March 16, 2018
- Disney Animal Kingdom Fastpass Tips + Pandora Disney World Tips - March 12, 2018