Preschoolers and toddlers will love these Kite Preschool Counting Mats! This hands-on learning preschool math activity is a free Spring and Summer themed printable activity that can be used over and over again. This activity focuses mainly on the numbers 1 – 10, though there are blank pages for you to increase their learning. Children will work on counting skills, number recognition and, if used with play dough, fine motor skills too.
KITE COUNTING MATS
This hands on early math themed activity works on a child’s counting skills and number recognition.
Please note that affiliate links may be used in this post.
- Card stock paper
- Printable Activity
- Play dough (This is optional. You could also use this homemade play dough recipe too.)
- Laminator (optional)
Kite Counting Mat Activities
This activity can be used in a variety of ways. You can:
- Use them as is!- Print out the colored kite counting mats and the colored bows. Laminate the mats and cut out the bows and laminate them before cutting out again.
Have your child count out the correct number of bows and place them on the string of the kite.
- Work on fine motor skills using play dough and these mats. – Print out the colored kite counting mats and laminate. Have your child create their own bows out of play dough and place the correct number of bows on each mat. They can also create their own numbers out of play dough and place them on the number.
- Bring out the crayons and use them as coloring pages.- Print out the black and white kite counting mats and the black and white bows.
Have your child color and decorate the mats and bows with paints, crayons or markers before cutting out and laminating them. Have your child count out the correct number of bows and place them on the string of the kite.
- Use them with dry erase markers!
There is a blank colored and a blank black and white kite counting mat which can be used for counting numbers larger than 10. Use a dry erase marker to make a number for them and your child can add the correct number of bows onto the kite string.
Download the Free Printable Kite Preschool Counting Mats Here
Printables to extend the activity
This activity pairs perfectly with the printable letter K craft kite! You can find it here in my printable letter crafts activity pack bundle. You can also find freebie printable alphabet letter crafts here.
More Preschool Math Activities
- Ladybug Playdoh Math Counting Mats
- How Many Insects In The Jar Spring Counting Activity
- Alphabet Letter Crafts Play Dough Mats, Numbers, and Arabic Numbers
- Dump Truck Counting Mats
- Spring Ten Frame Printable