CVC Words worksheets are a fabulous way to encourage children to learn something new such as CVC words. CVC are the words that are spelled with a consonant, vowel and then consonant again. These are some of the first words that kids typically learn how to read. One of the best ways to teach kids how to read these simple words are through activities such as these CVC Short A Worksheets. We focus on words that have a short A or ‘ah’ sound. This pack is full of engaging activities to help kids learn and read CVC Short A words.
Short A Worksheets
In this pack, children will complete worksheets focusing on 40 different CVC words. All of these words focus on the short A sound.
Please note that affiliate links are used in this post.
Here are some items that pair well with these activities. You will use each of these items over and over during all my printable preschool activity packs.
- Card stock
- Write and wipe Dry Erase Pockets
- Laminator with pockets (If you want to make it reusable.)
In this printable pack, children will be introduced to the Short A sound. This pack includes the following CVC word sounds ab, ad, ag, am, an, ap, at, and ax.
A majority of this CVC Short A Printable Pack consists of black and white worksheets. We chose our favorite activities and repeated them for each short A word.
The first important part of this is the black and white poster which children can color in and use a reference while completing the rest of the pack. We love to color each one and hang them on the wall when we are finished. Our wall looks fantastic right now!
We also have included the following short a worksheets and activities. We know kids will love these which helps them WANT to learn.
- Read, Color and Write the Word
- Color, Write and Match the Word
- Color and Match the Word
- Unscramble the word
- Practice writing the word
- Color the Word that matches the picture
- Flashcards with the vowels in red and the consonants in blue
- Clip Cards
- CVC Puzzles ~ one piece for each of the letters of the word
- CVC Mat ~ can be used with playdough or to practice hand writing
- My CVC Book ~ This is a great book for helping children to read the words.
- CVC Flip Book ~ A fun way to learn to read the words
Short A Worksheets
Get the activity pack by using the button below.