Here are some fun Valentine’s Day Would You Rather questions that will make the kids in your classroom have a blast! We LOVE using would you rather questions because they are great as conversation starters, dinner-time questions, and icebreakers for getting children to talk and discuss.
We have a Valentine’s Day party for the whole school and this is one of the really fun games that all the kids can enjoy.
You can also have some more gaming fun on V-Day with this Free Valentine’s Bingo Game. Playing bingo in the classroom or at home might encourage children to learn new skills.
What You’ll Love
This is a wonderful icebreaker and a way to learn things about yourself and others! For example, why on earth would someone rather have a plate of broccoli over chocolate? You will love how these questions:
- Improve critical thinking skills
- Help children to express their opinion
- Improve decision making skills
- Help children to understand and respect the opinions of other people
- Encourage self-reflection
- Assist in teaching kids how to be flexible thinkers
- Children will learn the basic rules of debates and discussion
Here are more Pros of Kids Playing Would You Rather in the classroom.
How to Use Valentine’s Day Would You Rather Questions
- At a Valentine’s Day party in a classroom (or while taking a short break from watching Valentine’s Day Movies For Kids.
- During recess
- Fun Valentine’s Day dinner
- As writing prompts
- You can also use it as a drawing prompt
- During brain breaks (Check out these Calming Strategies Calm Down Cards if your kids love brain breaks)
- Add these cards to your Valentine’s Day Bucket List and incorporate them throughout the month.
- Add it to your child’s lunchbox and keep the conversation going later at dinner
If you thoroughly enjoy these, check out our large list of evergreen Would You Rather Questions For Kids. They are the perfect, timeless resource for all teachers. We use them every year and this never disappoints. Sometimes I even give a few questions as homework and I’ve had zero complaints.
How to Play Valentine’s Day Would You Rather
This is such a simple game. My favorite thing about it is that there are no winners or losers. there is just laughter and healthy discussions. It is also a game that kids of all ages can enjoy.
- Find your players. There is a minimum of two players. The maximum? There is none!
- Read a question from our list. You can also print them out.
- Players have to pick between the two options.
Here are detailed Instructions for How to play Would You Rather.
Tips and Some Sweet Tricks
- If you want the game to last longer, everyone can say why they picked that specific option.
- If you know certain kids in your classroom struggle with making decisions, you can have a time limit. This also encourages quick thinking and helps them be more decisive.
- Have some treats. I use candy hearts or Hershey’s kisses. We even have prizes like ‘silliest reason’ or ‘funniest reason’.
Valentine’s Day Would You Rather Questions
Here are 40 questions that kids and adults can enjoy:
- WOULD YOU RATHER get 100 small gifts or 10 big gifts?
- WOULD YOU RATHER eat strawberries or cupcakes?
- WOULD YOU RATHER write poems or sing love songs?
- WOULD YOU RATHER watch a romantic movie or play video games the entire day?
- WOULD YOU RATHER spend the day with Cupid or the tooth fairy
- WOULD YOU RATHER go to Paris or Venice?
- WOULD YOU RATHER kiss Cupid or the Easter Bunny?
- WOULD YOU RATHER eat heart-shaped dog treats or never eat Valentine’s candy again?
- WOULD YOU RATHER only eat red foods or white foods?
- WOULD YOU RATHER write in pencil or red pen
- WOULD YOU RATHER kiss a slobbery dog or write a Valentine’s Day poem?
- WOULD YOU RATHER have Cupid’s wings or turn into a puppy?
- WOULD YOU RATHER smell like rose petals or chocolate-covered strawberries?
- WOULD YOU RATHER receive a dozen roses or lots of valentines?
- WOULD YOU RATHER eat dessert for every meal or eat pieces of chocolate for every meal?
- WOULD YOU RATHER be a guest star on a Netflix show or turn into a talking teddy bear?
- WOULD YOU RATHER lose all your teeth or drink a love potion?
- WOULD YOU RATHER take a cooking class or go to Disney World?
- WOULD YOU RATHER receive red roses or go on a gondola ride?
- WOULD YOU RATHER burn candles that smell like strawberries or candles that smell like apples?
- WOULD YOU RATHER eat worms or have bad breath forever?
- WOULD YOU RATHER watch a superhero movie or go to a concert?
- WOULD YOU RATHER skip New Year’s Eve or Valentine’s Day?
- WOULD YOU RATHER eat crème brulee or a pound of chocolate?
- WOULD YOU RATHER take dance lessons or get shot with Cupid’s bow and arrows?
- WOULD YOU RATHER go to a spa resort or your best friend’s wedding?
- WOULD YOU RATHER eat warm chocolate lava cake or jump in a hot tub?
- WOULD YOU RATHER watch a romantic comedy or run into Ed Sheeran?
- WOULD YOU RATHER watch the sunset or sunrise?
- WOULD YOU RATHER stay out till midnight on a first date or sleep early?
- WOULD YOU RATHER spend the day with a large group of friends or a small group of family?
- WOULD YOU RATHER write love letters or secrets in your notebook?
- WOULD YOU RATHER eat heart-shaped pizza or go for a couple’s massage?
- WOULD YOU RATHER give an expensive gift or receive an expensive gift?
- WOULD YOU RATHER spend the day with Captain America or Thor?
- WOULD YOU RATHER go to an amusement park or the zoo?
- WOULD YOU RATHER have pink hair or red hair?
- WOULD YOU RATHER miss Halloween or Valentine’s Day?
- WOULD YOU RATHER write a long script or simple slides for a love play?
- WOULD YOU RATHER eat candy for 30 days or never eat candy again?