This snowman winter ten frame printable pdf activity is a great way for kids to practice those counting and math skills. I love that this activity is so versatile that it can be used in so many ways. You can use manipulatives and other little trinkets or you can use finger prints or even do a dot markers too!. These ten frame counting cards make the perfect learning activity that allows your child to work on one to one correspondence, number recognition and pencil grip. There is a blank ten frame as well as ten frames with dots! Don’t forget to check out the 16 snowman activities for kids at the end of this post!
Snowman Winter Ten Frame Printable PDF Activity
What is the importance of the ten frames and the concept of number sense? The printable ten frames allows a child to subitize or visualize the numbers of how many items there are without actually needing to count them. If they work with a tens frame often enough they will learn this early math skill of subitizing.
Please note that affiliate links are used in this post.
The materials you need will be determined by how you choose to use the activity. The list below will contain a full variety.
- Do a dot markers
- Dry Erase Pockets
- Laminator and Laminating Pockets
- Card stock paper
- Snowflakes (I wish I had these for all of our snowman winter crafts)
10 Frame Cards Set up:
Print out the set of tens frames worksheets that you would like to use. I printed out both sets on card stock. You can laminate them for extra durability if you would like to use them more than once or twice.
Snowflake Winter 10 Ten Frames Printable:
The ten frames that has snowflakes on it would work great for counting. Preschoolers can count each frame and then look at the corresponding numbers.
You can also cut apart the ten frame from the number and have your child match the two up.
5 Ways To Use The Blank 10 Frames:
- You can stick these ten frames into a dry erase pocket. Then have your child color with a dry erase marker.
- Print it out and let a child color directly on it.
- Do a Dot Ten Frames – Have your child dot the ten frame templates with the correct number of dots.
- Use a math manipulative, little erasers, pom poms, or whatever small materials you have at home to place the correct amount of trinkets on each number.
In this picture we used little gems.
Here I used these adorable little erasers from the Target Dollar Section. These erasers look cute too.
You can use different color trinkets and manipulatives to work on addition!
5. Have your child make the correct number of fingerprints. That would be super cute! I included a link to our favorite stamp tray below in my winter craft supply picks.
I was really amazed at how much my 3 year old enjoyed these winter ten frames!
Download the Snowman Ten Frame Here
Winter Activity Pack
Snowman Tracing Alphabet writing mats, number mats, count, write and wipe cards, uppercase and lowercase alphabet letter matching can be found below:
You can find these activities here:
Need help with teaching grade schoolers sight words and spelling? Check out my free printable Read Build Write Mats!
My Winter Craft Supply Picks
Check out these other Winter Themed Crafts and Activities
- Build a snowman craft
- Read Build Write – Winter Vocabulary and Handwriting Cards
- Snowman Fraction Clip Cards
- Gingerbread Number Clip Cards
- Gingerbread Tracing Worksheets
- Easy Open Ended Art Snowman Painting Activity
- Winter Preschool Clip Cards
- Snowman Fraction Clip Cards
My Winter TPT Activity Packs
- Math and Literacy Clip Card Activity Pack
- Gingerbread Pre-writing Tracing Strips
- Winter Alphabet and Number Activity Pack
Check out these AWESOME 16 Snowman Activities For Kids:
FROM LEFT TO RIGHT:
Exploding Snowman Baggie: Winter Snow Science for Kids // Science Kiddo
Snowman Number Match Printable // A Dab of Glue Will Do
Preschool Snowman Activity Pack // Schooling a Monkey
Snowball Shooter // The STEM Laboratory
Snowman Teen Number and Ten Frame Match // Recipe for Teaching
Snowman Subtraction Mats // The Kindergarten Connection
Snowman Alphabet Activity // Mom Inspired Life
Snowman Writing Paper with Prompts // Liz’s Early Learning Spot
Snowman Printable Fact Family Activity target=”_blank” // DIY Farm Wife
Snowman Pattern Block Mats target=”_blank” // Playdough to Plato
Snowman Sequencing Fun // Sara J Creations
Snowman Sight Word Search // Adventures of Adam
Winter Snowman Ten Frame Printable // Fun with Mama
Snowman Rhyming Puzzles // Fairy Poppins
Snowman CVC Word Match // Letters of Literacy
Two Digit Number Snowmen // Play & Learn Everyday
Latest posts by Nadia (see all)
- Baking Soda And Vinegar Reaction - February 15, 2018
- Frozen Castle Elsa and Anna Toys Review + Snow Sensory Bin - February 13, 2018
- How To Get Slime Out of Clothes And Carpet - February 13, 2018