We love doing printable letter crafts here and always like to extend these activities. These printable Alphabet Letter Crafts Playdough Mats are include english alphabets, numbers and even arabic playdough mats! Play dough mats encourage number/letter awareness. We love using play dough mats to encourage hands on learning and the development of preschool fine motor skills.
Alphabet Letter Crafts Playdough Mats Materials Required:
Please note that affiliate links are used in this post.
– Print out all (or the specific pages) you’d like to work on.
– Place the sheets in a Page Protector OR Laminate the pages for durability.
– Build the letter with your child (depending on age) and tell them the phonetic sound of the letter they are working on if its numbers or the name of the number if working on the number mats.
** If you laminate it you could also have your child use a whiteboard marker to write the letters/numbers out within the circles.
For numbers you could have the child make little circles to count out the dots or even use pom poms and other trinkets to do the number correspondence.
I will be posting a tutorial on Thursday for how to make homemade play dough! (It really is super easy and is a wonderful activity on its own for the kids.)
Enjoy! Please send pics of your kids busy with the alphabet letters playdough mats or post to Facebook. Pictures of the mat in use would be perfect! 🙂
Click on the image or link below to download the alphabet playdough letter mats.
These alphabet playdoh mats would be great for letter of the week activities.
These playdoh number mats are so much of fun. Children will love learning how to make little balls to use as counters and then learning to roll the playdoh in order to make the numbers. Younger kids will need help while older kids will be proud of how well they can do themselves.
Do you speak Arabic? Or maybe want to have your children learn another language? Young kids are like sponges. They can learn so quickly and it would be wonderful to do this activity during a themed week learning about Middle Eastern countries.
Latest posts by Nadia (see all)
- Printable End of the Year Teacher Appreciation Gift Fingerprint - May 26, 2017
- DIY Hand Fidget Spinners With Videos! - May 24, 2017
- Play and Learn – STEM Activities + Toys for Multiple Ages! - May 22, 2017