I love busy bags for kids because it allows me some quiet time at home by having an already prepared activity ready for the kids. You can use this adorable Snowman Dress Up Busy Bag activity at home or take it with you and use it at a restaurant. (They call that a restaurant kit!) Kids will enjoy creating different versions of a snowman… I have to ask for my frozen lovers, “Do you want to build a snowman?” This would be AMAZING for your Frozen birthday party ideas!
Snowman Dress Up Printable Kids Busy Bag
Please note that affiliate links are used in this post.
- Laminator with pouches.
- A magnetic surface (this can be a metal tin, cookie sheet, or a whiteboard.)
- The printable activity at the end of this post.
- Ziplock bags – you can use this size ziplock if you want to put just the snowman pieces in it and you can use this size ziplock if you want to add your magnetic board.
Print out the activity on to card stock paper. Cut out the pieces. Then laminate.
Cut the laminate pieces out again then cut your magnets in half and place them around the back of your snowman dress up pieces.
Once your activity is all prepared you can throw it into a Ziplock bag…. now you have something called a Busy Bag!
Take it out whenever you need 15 minutes of time off… 15 minutes of quiet time… 15 minutes to eat… 15 minutes to do whatever you want. Don’t need fifteen minutes? Then use these fifteen minutes to talk to your child about the different size hats and the different colors of the scarves.
My preschooler loved listening to the Frozen song, Do you want to build a snowman? while building her snowman. It was cute to see all the different snowmen she came up with. The extra bonus was that she could billed a snowman without feeling cold and iced up from real snow!
I cut the buttons differently. For some of the colors I cut the buttons as a set of three. I did one set though where I cut the buttons individually just to change it up a bit.
In the picture above I am using a mini magnetic dry erase board. Whereas in the picture at the bottom I am using a full sized one. The mini one is good for restaurants and airplane travel. It is especially great if you want to place the full set of pieces into the ziplock bag (particularly the magnetic white board.)
For home use I like to use this bigger sized dry erase board and have all my pieces laying out on the board for my kids to decide what to use.
The Snowman Dress Up Printable Busy Bag
Don’t forget to have a look at my winter dress up busy bag for kids. It is super cute!
I also love this adorable Snowman Stacking Game from Toddler Approved!
CHECK OUT THESE OTHER WINTER THEMED CRAFTS AND ACTIVITIES
- Build a snowman craft
- Read Build Write – Winter Vocabulary and Handwriting Cards
- Snowman Fraction Clip Cards
- Gingerbread Number Clip Cards
- Gingerbread Tracing Worksheets
- Easy Open Ended Art Snowman Painting Activity
- Winter Preschool Clip Cards
- Snowman Fraction Clip Cards
MY WINTER TPT ACTIVITY PACKS
- Math and Literacy Clip Card Activity Pack
- Gingerbread Pre-writing Tracing Strips
- Winter Alphabet and Number Activity Pack
Latest posts by Nadia (see all)
- DIY Hand Fidget Spinners With Videos! - May 24, 2017
- Play and Learn – STEM Activities + Toys for Multiple Ages! - May 22, 2017
- Food Groups Preschool Activity Pack - May 16, 2017