Have you heard the saying, kindness makes the world go round? Mark Twain was the first to say that and it is a quote that is spread all over, because it is true and important.
Kindness is something that we should use with everyone, including ourselves. While it can be difficult, at times, being kind is always the right answer.
These Kindness Quotes can help remind us and motivate us to be understanding, gentle, and to see things from other people’s perspectives.
If you have a little one at home, check out these bucket filler activities to each kids kindness.
Do you ever read a story about kindness and tear up? The joy that one person is able to bring to another is heartwarming, isn’t it?
Random acts of kindness are another form of being kind that really makes my heart happy. These stories are a great way to help teach our children how to be kind also.
These kindness quotes are inspiring, motivating, and powerful.
Spread Kindness with these kindness motivators:
Powerful Kindness Quotes
- “You cannot do kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.” —The 14th Dalai Lama.
- A part of kindness consists in loving people more than they deserve.” —Joseph Joubert
- “Compassion isn’t about solutions. It’s about giving all the love that you’ve got.” —Cheryl Strayed.
- “Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you.” —Princess Diana.
- “No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.” —Aesop
- “Without a sense of caring, there can be no sense of community.” —Anthony J. D’Angelo
- “A warm smile is the universal language of kindness.” —William Arthur Ward
- “Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love.” —Lao Tzu
- “This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.” —Dalai Lama
11. “Remember, there’s no such thing as a small act of kindness. Every act creates a ripple with no logical end.” —Scott Adams
12. “I think probably kindness is my number one attribute in a human being. I’ll put it before any of the things like courage or bravery or generosity or anything else.” —Ronald Dahl.
13. “Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier.” —Mother Teresa.
14. “What we all have in common is an appreciation of kindness and compassion; all the religions have this. Love. We all lean towards love.” —Richard Gere
15. “Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver.” —Barbara De Angelis
16. “The best portion of a good man’s life is his little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and of love.” —William Wordsworth
18. “No one is born hating another person…People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.” —Nelson Mandela
19. “I’ve been searching for ways to heal myself, and I’ve found that kindness is the best way.” —Lady Gaga
20. “Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.” —George Sand
21. “Imagine what our real neighborhoods would be like if each of us offered, as a matter of course, just one kind word to another person.” —Mr. Rogers
We adore Mr. Rogers and have a whole list of Mr. Rogers quotes too!.
23. “For attractive lips, speak words of kindness. For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people. For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry. For beautiful hair, let a child run his fingers through it once a day. For poise, walk with the knowledge that you will never walk alone.” —Sam Levenson
24. “Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people.” —Franklin D. Roosevelt.
25. “That is what compassion does. It challenges our assumptions, our sense of self-limitation, worthlessness, of not having a place in the world, our feelings of loneliness and estrangement. These are narrow, constrictive states of mind. As we develop compassion, our hearts open.” —Sharon Salzberg
26. “Kindness can become its own motive. We are made kind by being kind.” —Eric Hoffer
27. “When you callously ignore the suffering of others, you lose the capacity to share their happiness, too.” —Albert Schweitzer
28. “I shall pass through this world but once. Any good, therefore, that I can do or any kindness I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer it or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” —Stephen Grellet
29. “Kindness is ever the begetter of kindness.” —Sophocles
30. “Kindness in women, not their beauteous looks, shall win my love.” —Washington Irving
31. “If you have an impulse to kindness, act on it.” —Douglas Coupland
32. “Many men fail because they do not see the importance of being kind and courteous to the men under them. Kindness to everybody always pays for itself. And, besides, it is a pleasure to be kind.” —Charles M. Schwab
33. “A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal.” —Steve Maraboli
34. “Go and love someone exactly as they are. And then watch how quickly they transform into the greatest, truest version of themselves. When one feels seen and appreciated in their own essence, one is instantly empowered.” —Wes Angelozzi
35. “What wisdom can you find that is greater than kindness?” —Jean-Jacques Rousseau
36. “Always be a little kinder than necessary.” —James M. Barrie
37. “The everyday kindness of the back roads more than makes up for the acts of greed in the headlines.” —Charles Kuralt
38. “There are three ways to ultimate success: The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind.” —Mr. Rogers
39. “When words are both true and kind, they can change the world.” —Buddha
40. ‘There are two ways of spreading light: to be The candle or the mirror that reflects it.” —Edith Wharton
41. “Our human compassion binds us the one to the other—not in pity or patronizingly, but as human beings who have learnt how to turn our common suffering into hope for the future.” – Nelson Mandela
42. “There is nothing more truly artistic than to love people.” —Vincent Van Gogh
43. “A kind word is like a spring day.” —Russian proverb
44. “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” —Margaret Mead
45. “Kindness is the golden chain by which society is bound together.” —Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
46. “Kindness is the only service that will stand the storm of life and not wash out. It will wear well and will be remembered long after the prism of politeness or the complexion of courtesy has faded away.” —Abraham Lincoln.
47. “Do your little bit of good where you are; it’s those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.” —Desmond Tutu
48. “Three things in human life are important: the first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind.” —Henry James
49. “The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the greatest intention.” —Kahlil Gibran
50. “For attractive lips, speak words of kindness.” —Audrey Hepburn
51. “Those who make compassion an essential part of their lives find the joy of life. Kindness deepens the spirit and produces rewards that cannot be completely explained in words. It is an experience more powerful than words. To become acquainted with kindness one must be prepared to learn new things and feel new feelings. Kindness is more than a philosophy of the mind. It is a philosophy of the spirit.” —Robert J. Furey
52. “Life is made up, not of great sacrifices or duties, but of little things, in which smiles and kindness, and small obligations given habitually, are what preserve the heart and secure comfort. —Humphry Davy
53. “Never lose a chance of saying a kind word.” —William Makepeace Thackeray
54. “Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.” —Marlene Dietrich
55. “I feel the capacity to care is the thing which gives life its deepest significance.” —Pablo Casais
56. “Each time I perform an act of kindness, a part of me heals.” —Lupi Ngcayisa
57. “Here are the values that I stand for: honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you want to be treated and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values.” —Ellen DeGeneres
58. “Wherever there is a human being, there is an opportunity for a kindness.” —Lucius Annaeus Seneca
59. “I think probably kindness is my number one attribute in a human being. I’ll put it before any of the things like courage or bravery or generosity or anything else.” —Roald Dahl
60. “We’re here for a reason. I believe a bit of the reason is to throw little torches out to lead people through the dark.” —Whoopi Goldberg
61. “You can accomplish by kindness what you cannot by force.” —Publilius Syrus
62. “The true greatness of a person, in my view, is evident in the way he or she treats those with whom courtesy and kindness are not required.” —Joseph B. Wirthlin
63. “How lovely that everyone, great and small, can make a contribution toward introducing justice straightaway. And you can always, always give something, even if it is only kindness!” —Anne Frank
Be sure to check out my Quotes About Loving Children as well!
64. “To err on the side of kindness is seldom an error.” —Liz Armbruster
65. “You can cultivate mercy when you extend acts of compassion and kindness to yourself and to other people.” —Bree Miller
66. “My wish for you is that you continue. Continue to be who and how you are, to astonish a mean world with your acts of kindness. Continue to allow humor to lighten the burden of your tender heart.” —Maya Angelou.
67. “Kindness is an electrical spark of life that runs through all kingdoms and has a reciprocal action when shown to others.” —Joe Hayes
68. “It is the characteristic of the magnanimous man to ask no favor but to be ready to do kindness to others.” —Aristotle
69. “Do things for people not because of who they are or what they do in return, but because of who you are.” —Harold S. Kushner
70. “Sometimes it takes only one act of kindness and caring to change a person’s life.” —Jackie Chan
71. “Unexpected kindness is the most powerful, least costly, and most underrated agent of human change.” —Bob Kerrey
72. “Because that’s what kindness is. It’s not doing something for someone else because they can’t, but because you can.” —Andrew Iskander
73. “Gratitude is the inward feeling of kindness received. Thankfulness is the natural impulse to express that feeling. Thanksgiving is the following of that impulse.” —Henry van Dyke
Quotes On Being Kind To Yourself
74. “You will never speak to anyone more than yourself in your head, be kind to yourself.” – Unknown
75. “Be kind to yourself. You are amazing. You are good enough. You are worth it” – Unknown
76. “Remember you have been criticizing yourself for years and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.” – Louise L Hay
77. “Don’t just be good to others. Be good to yourself too.” – Unknown
78. “Be kind to yourself, you are doing the best you can..” -Unknown
79. “Love yourself as much as you want to be loved” – Unknown
80. “How you treat yourself is how you are inviting the world to treat you.” – Unknown
81. “Be careful how you are talking to yourself because you are listening” – Lisa M. Haye
82. “Talk to yourself like you would someone you love” – Unknown
83. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
84. The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the greatest intention. Truth is a deep kindness that teaches us to be content in our everyday life and share with the people the same happiness. Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair, but manifestations of strength and resolution. – Kahlil gibran
85. A single act of kindness throws out roots in all directions, and the roots spring up and make new trees. The greatest work that kindness does to others is that it makes them kind themselves.” – Amelia Earhart
86. Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.” – Leo Buscaglia
87. Constant kindness can accomplish much. As the sun makes ice melt, kindness causes misunderstanding, mistrust, and hostility to evaporate.- albert schweitzer
88. We are made kind by being kind. – Eric Hoffer
89. ‘Act with kindness but do not expect gratitude – Confucius
90. “Unexpected kindness is the most powerful, least costly, and most underrated agent of human change.” – Bob kerrey
91. “Kindness is the language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see.” – Mark Twain
92. “Kindness and politeness are not overrated at all. They’re underused.” —Tommy Lee Jones 15.
93. “Imagine what our real neighborhoods would be like if each of us offered, as a matter of course, just one kind word to another person.” —Mr. Rogers
94. “No one is born hating another person…People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.” – Nelson Mandela
95. “Simple kindness may be the most vital key to the riddle of how human beings can live with each other in peace, and care properly for this planet we all share.” – Bo Lozoff
96. “Do your little bit of good where you are; it’s those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.” —Desmond Tutu rd.com
97. “Never believe that a few caring people can’t change the world. For indeed, that’s all who ever have.” ― Margaret Mead
98. The words of kindness are more healing to a drooping heart than balm or honey. – Sarah Fielding
99. “If you have kindness in your heart, you offer acts of kindness to touch the hearts of others wherever you go—whether they are random or planned. Kindness becomes a way of life.” ― Roy T
100. Kushner rd.com “Sometimes it takes only one act of kindness and caring to change a person’s life.” – Jackie Chan
101. “Kind hearts are the gardens, kind thoughts are the roots, kind words are the blossoms. Kind deeds are the fruits.” -Kirpal Singh
102. com “Wherever there is a human being, there is an opportunity for a kindness.” —Lucius Annaeus Seneca rd.com “To practice five things under all circumstances constitutes perfect virtue; these five are gravity, generosity of soul, sincerity, earnestness, and kindness.” —Confucius
104. “Kindness and politeness are not overrated at all. They’re underused.” —Tommy Lee Jones
105. “Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this is the beginning of wisdom.” —Theodore Isaac Rubin
106. “Kindness is a passport that opens doors and fashions friends. It softens hearts and molds relationships that can last lifetimes.” ~ Joseph B. Wirthlin
107. com “Never look down on anybody unless you’re helping them up.” —Jesse Jackson
108. “A great man shows his greatness by the way he treats little men.” —Thomas Carlyle
109. “Kind words do not cost much. Yet they accomplish much.” —Blaise Pascal
Leave a comment below:
Do any of these quotes stand out to you? Which kindness quote resonates most with you?
More Quote Posts
As you may have noticed, we are big fans of reading quotes to inspire us to be better, each and every day.
Here are more quote posts to check out.
- The Best Daughter Quotes
- The Best Breastfeeding Quotes
- Motivational Quotes For Moms
- The Best First Born Quotes
Making sure that we are using kindness in our every day lives is so important. We do not know what someone else is going through, what battles they are facing and kindness can change it all! Even to ourselves, we need to use kind words and be gentle and understanding. These quotes can help motivate you to increase kindness to others and yourself on a daily basis!