This Printable Back To School Scavenger Hunt can help familiarize children with the classroom and get them active and having fun. They will also learn where school supplies stay in the classroom too.
This would be perfect for a new classroom and a fun worksheet for the kids. Use this at the start of the school year or to welcome new students. Kiddos of all ages will have fun with this at the beginning of the year or at any time!
Speaking of a great scavenger hunt, be sure to check out my Human Scavenger Hunt Questions as well! This is another simple scavenger hunt for kids.
Help Children Prepare For School
Children can understandably have a hard time with back to school. Routines are changing, they are not at home, they miss their family, and it happens all overnight. There are many ways that we can help children with this transition and big day! Here are some tips that I hope help you.
Here are some helpful first day of school tips:
- Use our Back To School Scavenger Hunt to help encourage excitement and get familiar with the idea of change.
- Show children their school. Take a drive to show them what it looks like. You could even have them play at the playground. Telling them that they get to play on the playground every day for recess can help.
- Attend open houses and back to school nights. This will not only help children see the inside of their school, but meet their teacher and other students in their class. This is huge. When children, or even adults, have a visual idea of the environment and meet some people, they can begin to feel more comfortable about the idea.
- Watch children’s shows or movies about school and going to school the first time. Parents Magazine has a great list you can find here.
- If possible, plan play dates with other children that will be in the same class.
- Go back to school shopping and make it fun.
- Create a homework nook.
- Take fun back to school photos.
- Do some first week of school activities and first day of school printables.
- Plan a back to school eve party with all of your child’s favorite foods and activities.
One last tip to help your children with back to school is to keep a good attitude. While this season is stressful for grown ups, it can be even more stressful for kids. Encourage them to be excited by keeping your mood positive and happy!
Classroom Use Of Scavenger Hunt
Are you a teacher that is looking for a way to help familiarize your students with school supplies? Whether you are using this as a class management tool or to help your students get to know what the supplies are, this Back To School Scavenger Hunt can absolutely be used in the classroom.
For Class Management:
One of the first things that teachers do, or should, is give students a tour around the classroom. This could include the drinking fountain, where students put their backpacks and coats, how to prepare for lunch and of course where the school supplies are. This last one is especially true for older elementary that are allowed to get supplies as they need them.
After you give the tour of school supplies, you can have your students complete this scavenger hunt to help reiterate where the supplies are. This can be done individually or in small groups.
Preparing Back To School Scavenger Hunt
Prepping this scavenger hunt is super easy. You just need to print the page. This resource comes in both color and black and white and is one page each.
For the classroom, one option is to laminate and use dry erase markers. Then you have it prepped for future years.
Children can use any writing utensil that they would like. If you are at home, you can take the supplies and move them around the room or house. Once they are found, they can be checked off. The same can be done in a classroom, or if you are using it to help them learn where the supplies are, they would just stay in their home.
School Supplies Included:
- Paper Clips
- Sticky Notes
Your children will love using this scavenger hunt to help get ready for school. This can help children reduce the anxiety and calm nerves. This is also great for helping children learn which school supplies are way.
Younger students will love these free resources, and they’re great to use in your own classroom. You can give them clues or save this for a fun activity to do before Spring break! The whole class will have a blast with this assignment because it’s a fun way to find things in the classroom. You can have small prizes or different things to hand out to the kids if you want! (Small cookies are always a fun treat!)
Download the School Scavenger Hunt Printable Below!
Don’t forget to check out my Back to School Bingo as well as my Pottery Barn Backpacks Review as well!