When winter break is over most kids are going to go back to school and write all about the fun things they did during the school break. This can be made easier by working on some of those tough to spell winter themed words. These Winter Read Build Write Mats should do the trick. By working with Read Build Write Mats your child’s spelling and reading should naturally improve.These free printable winter read build write mats are great for literacy centers and word work. We love fun hands on learning activities and products that actually transfer into their school work and writing. Plus they are so simple to use!
Winter Read Build Write Mats And Vocabulary Cards
I really love using Read Build Write Mats to help my kids work on their spelling and reading skills. With the kids all going back to school soon I know that they are going to write about how much hot chocolate they drank and how they finally got to build a snowman. These free printable read build write mats and vocabulary cards will hopefully make this a little easier. When school is on break I normally use that as an opportunity to work on math and english skills that they may have found difficult while school is in session. With homework being given every night and the school day being so long it is so hard to give them some daily break time while working on skills that they may not be learning at school.
My Favorite Tools for Read Build Write Mats
- Dry Erase Markers
- Laminator and Laminating Pouches
- Alphabet Letters
Wooden Letters (I used these)
Learning Resources Lacing Letters Uppercase and Lowercase (Love these for so many different uses!)
Storage container for alphabet letters
- Printable Winter Templates (Found at the bottom of this blog post.)
Preparing the Activity
- Print out the printable sheets on to card stock. I love using card stock because it is sturdier and I like that you can’t seem to see through the cards.
- Cut out the vocabulary cards and the tracing cards too. Laminate these. Cut them out again.
- Now the activity is ready.
Let your child choose a vocabulary card and then allow them to build the word with alphabet letter tiles or alphabet manipulates. We use our DIY alphabet letter box for this.. An older child can write the word without the tracing sheets while a younger one would love the convenience and ease of the tracing sheets.
This is the first time that I am supplying word tracing cards with the Read Build Write Mats. I would love for you to let me know through e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) whether your child used them or not.
More Read Build Write Mats and Vocabulary Cards
You can find all of our free Read Build Write Mats here.
If you want a complete Read Build Write Dolch Sight Words Set – This set includes over 310 Dolch Words and extra nouns, 15 different mats, an editable PDF vocabulary word file, tracing cards for all the Dolch Words.
Download the Winter Read Build Write Mats Here
More Kids Winter Crafts and Activities
- Winter Preschool Count and Clip Cards
- Snowman Winter Fractions Clip Cards
- Snowman Winter Ten Frames
- Build a snowman craft
- Gingerbread Number Clip Cards
- Gingerbread Tracing Worksheets
- Easy Open Ended Art Snowman Painting Activity
MY WINTER TPT ACTIVITY PACKS
Latest posts by Nadia (see all)
- Best Board Games For Families To Play Together - November 19, 2017
- Tips for Traveling to Miami With Kids - November 15, 2017
- Tips for Traveling To New York With Kids – Travel Diary - November 15, 2017