I’ve been looking out for some DIY busy bags, restaurant kits and quiet time activities that would be suitable for toddlers and preschoolers that would encourage new vocabulary words, encourage color recognition and imaginary play. These free printable winter paper doll dress up busy bag clothes was the perfect solution! I love that dress up activities attract a wide range of ages. Kids will play while working on color recognition,, color matching fine motor skills, vocabulary and are just plain fun!
Please note that affiliate links are used in this post.
- Laminator with pouches.
- The printable activity at the end of this post.
- A magnetic surface. You can use a cookie sheet, magnetic whiteboards or even a metal container.
Setting Up The Paper Dolls
To set up this activity all you need to do is print out the pdf on to card stock. There are 4 different paper dolls to choose from. I printed them all for my 3 year old.
Make sure to then laminate the pieces. Laminating the pieces really makes it easier for kids to handle because it makes them much more sturdy! After you cut out the laminated pieces use the magnets I linked to above and cut each magnet piece in half. If you need help with positioning your magnets on each piece leave a comment and I will update this post with the back of my pieces.
The picture above is before I laminated the pieces and attached magnets. It was definitely much harder on my hands to position things correctly.
The Magnetic Winter Paper Doll Busy Bag Activity
Once its ready you can allow your child to play with it.
I found these adorable metal containers at the Dollar Tree and I was so excited because they were perfect for these paper dolls!
I love that I can just grab this container on my way out and use it as a restaurant kit to keep the kids busy while we are out.
Check out More Of My Kids Dress Up Picks
I love that the metal tin is so versatile and it can transform into a little “closet”. Yes, I know its obvious that this activity was more for me than it was for them.
I love quiet time activities like this! Do you like dress up printable activities? Let me know in the comments below.
Download the Winter Paper Doll Dress Up Busy Bag
Check out my Build a Snowman Busy Bag Activity
CHECK OUT THESE OTHER WINTER THEMED CRAFTS AND ACTIVITIES
- Build a snowman craft
- Read Build Write – Winter Vocabulary and Handwriting Cards
- Snowman Fraction Clip Cards
- Gingerbread Number Clip Cards
- Gingerbread Tracing Worksheets
- Easy Open Ended Art Snowman Painting Activity
- Winter Preschool Clip Cards
- Snowman Fraction Clip Cards
MY WINTER TPT ACTIVITY PACKS
- Math and Literacy Clip Card Activity Pack
- Gingerbread Pre-writing Tracing Strips
- Winter Alphabet and Number Activity Pack
Latest posts by nadia tayob (see all)
- Printable Back to School Preschool Mega Bundle - July 24, 2017
- The Best Rainbow Learning Activities for Preschoolers - July 20, 2017
- 30 + Fun MUST DO Outdoor Activities For Kids! - July 5, 2017