Have you heard of Puffy Paint? Puffy Paint is an easy DIY unique type of paint that acts like normal paint until you put it in the microwave. After a quick 30 seconds in the microwave, it rises. I include a recipe and printable activity in this post to enhance the fun! It is such a delight to see the smile on a child’s face when they see their painting transform and ‘bake’. Plus, it is super easy to make at home.
This is the Puffy Paint recipe that I used today per color:
– 1/2 cup flour
– 2 TBSP salt
-2 TBSP baking powder (if you did not use rising flour above)
-Water to make a paste (I used about 90 mls)
– Food Coloring
Directions: Mix all ingredients until you have a nice paste (not too thick) and pour into sauce bottles. (I purchased mine very cheaply from Plastic Land.)
I have also used this other recipe previously and that was great too but I wanted to be a bit more economical and less wasteful, so I used the recipe above.
I created these outlined shape and number printable activities for my kids which they absolutely loved! Sometimes my kids want direction and ideas on what to do so this enabled them to play with the puffy paint. They were also able to use the paint freely on blank paper to create their own picture.
The printable activity is available at the bottom of this post.
D experimented with a paint brush because he didn’t like using the spout of the sauce bottle whereas A loved using the spout and preferred that!
Printable Activity includes Numbers (1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ,6 ,7, 8, and 9), Shapes (rectangle, circle, star, heart, diamond, square), and other random shapes (butterfly, flowers, puzzle piece, sun). Print out on card stock paper (or any paper that is thicker than normal printer paper) for best use!
More Craft Recipe’s:
- Make the homemade playdough recipe. Its easy and fun!
- Use the Puffy Paint Recipe – this fun and unique paint actually rises!
- Want to try making moon sand? Its pretty easy.
- Make Cloud Dough – We LOVE the feeling of this.
- Try out the Handprint Plaque Recipe to remember your child’s little hands.
- Make a DIY Volcano Science Experiment at home (This is a must try!)
- Shaving Cream Painting is SO much of fun! It’s also really pretty too.
Did you like this printable activity? Connect with me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.
Check Out These Butterfly Crafts and Activities
- Butterfly Yarn Craft Activity
- Caterpillar to Butterfly Stages Life Cycle
- Printable Butterfly Colored Salt Craft
- Folded Butterfly Painting Activity
- Coffee Filter Butterflies
- Letter C For Caterpillar Printables
- Bugs Sensory Bin