If you have a spring theme preschool learning week coming up then you definitely need to check out these spring sensory bins and sensory table ideas. You will find favorite figurines, flowers, fairy garden, trees and insects here as well as different filler ideas. You will also see an example of how to create sensory bins.
We have just began our first sensory bin challenge in our private Facebook Group. We did a vote for our first theme and it was a spring theme! All entries (who provided a spring sensory bin picture) will be entered into a hat to win an Amazon gift card.
I have created a video below showing you how to make a sensory bin. In the video you will find some sensory bin ideas, sensory bin organization and watch me create a spring theme sensory bin. Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel here.
Spring Sensory Bin
Please note that affiliate links are used in this post. If you purchase from the links below I will receive a small commission from your sale.
Materials I used in my Sensory Bin:
- Container that I used for this activity.
- Flower Toobs
- Insect Toob and little lady bugs.
- For the Fine Motor Tools you can use this Tools Set or the Lakeshore Learning Little Hands Fine Motor Tools set.
- Fairies from Lakeshore Learning Fairy Garden
- Mini Colanders
- Bath stacking cups
- Small flower pots from Michaels. You can find them here on Amazon. It is better to purchase extra because then you can create a little pot painting activity for your children.
- One of the trees came from this set.
- Brown play dough or create your own playdoh with the best Playdough recipe
Enhance the preschool learning by adding in more activities. Here are a few activities you can add in that suits the spring theme preschool activities perfectly:
- Butterfly life cycle activity pack
- Watch a real caterpillar become a butterfly here.
- Spring Bugs egg carton craft
- Insect 3 part cards
- Butterfy yarn spring craft
- Ladybug counting play dough mats
- How many insects in the jar?
- You could add the printable Flower Toob Cards for more learning fun!
- Use the insect printable pack and this bugs book to enhance the activities or create an insect theme or spring theme week.
Spring Sensory Bin Challenge
If you would like to join our sensory bin challenges please do so by joining our private Facebook group and then finding the relevant threads.
Here are some spring sensory Bin challenge participants finished spring theme preschool sensory bins:
- Spring Fairy Garden by Nadia T
This is my spring theme sensory bin idea. I created a little flower garden area using the flower toobs. I added homemade brown playdough inside the pots so that the flowers could stick up within them. I added in random cups, tools and plastic trees that I had at home. My daughter added in fairies because she absolutely adores fairies.
Includes: Expired kidney beans, Butterfly toob, free printable (you can find a similar one in the butterfly life cycle packb), dollar store small flower pots, fabric flowers, scented roses with a flower perfume and essential oils- lavender, rose, lily), magnifying glasses, pipe cleaner caterpillars ( wrapped two pipe cleaners around pencil, squished together, took pipe cleaner off pencil and tucked ends in), small pompoms for eggs, and partly blew up green water balloons for chrysalis.
3. Peter Rabbit Garden by Beth S.
Includes: Rubber Mulch (filler), worms, carrots, ladybugs, watering can, flower bombs, Peter Rabbit and some colored buckets.
4. Spring bin by Amanda M
I will update this post with more spring theme preschool learning sensory bin challenge entries.
You can find more ideas on our sensory bins page.