Do you want to build a snowman ? This printable do you want to build a snowman craft activity will be great for Frozen lovers and crafty kids. This colorful collage kids arts and craft activity is perfect for winter. Not only will kids have some fun building a snowman but this activity will also have them practice their fine motor skills. They will also learn early math skills like counting, shapes, and sizes. Besides, which child doesn’t love a cut and paste kids activity? Any excuse to use some glue and work with scissors, right?
When I saw this Gingerbread Decorating Activity I was so inspired that I new we had to try this with a snowman! That activity paired well with my Gingerbread Pre-writing Strips and these gingerbread number clip cards.
Printable Do You Want To Build A Snowman Craft:
I love the convenience of printable activities. I am not great with free drawing so having a snowman template really helps me. We do a lot of preschool activities as well as toddler activities so having a well stocked craft supply list is important to us. It is good to stock up once off on kids collage supplies because they will re-use these materials over and over again during your arts and crafts activities. Please note that affiliate links are used in this post.
Get out your collage material and collage supplies. From pom poms, buttons, gems, qtips, craft sticks, google eyes and gems the more you have the merrier it will be.
- Yarn (We love this yarn.)
- Buttons (These are the buttons I have.)
- Feathers (not necessary but its good to have at home for collage materials.)
- Googly Eyes ( I have these stick on ones.)
- Pom Poms
- Divider Tray
- Preschool Scissors (We use this a lot, especially with my printable preschool cutting busy box.)
- The Printable Snowman
The Snowman Craft Activity
I have been pinning my favorite snowman and winter themed activities. (These winter clip cards would pair well with this activity!) Building snowmen can be fun. My girls love frozen and Olaf so I knew they would adore this activity.
I printed out my printable snowman and cut them out. I printed out 10 of them. I knew each of my kids would have wanted to make at least two different versions. Extra is always better!
Then I let them be to encourage open ended creativity. The snowman could look silly, happy, mad or sad.
What I did do though, is I would ask them questions.
Questions you can ask to encourage math thinking
- “How many buttons are you using?” “How many eyes?”
- “What colors are you using?”
- “Which shapes will you be using?”
- “Is that the smallest button?”
I think they turned out pretty cute.
Add this to your list of frozen crafts for birthday party and play dates! Play the Frozen song, “Do you want to build a snowman?” in the background to set the ambience.
Check out these other Winter Themed Crafts and Activities
- Build a snowman craft
- Read Build Write – Winter Vocabulary and Handwriting Cards
- Snowman Fraction Clip Cards
- Gingerbread Number Clip Cards
- Gingerbread Tracing Worksheets
- Easy Open Ended Art Snowman Painting Activity
- Winter Preschool Clip Cards
- Snowman Fraction Clip Cards
My Winter TPT Activity Packs
- Math and Literacy Clip Card Activity Pack
- Gingerbread Pre-writing Tracing Strips
- Winter Alphabet and Number Activity Pack
More Frozen Printable Crafts, Ideas, Decorations and Recipes:
- Check out these 20 Frozen Activities from Happy Hooligans
- I love this Frozen hot chocolate drink from Sparkles to Sprinkles!
- Learn how to cut a snowflake here at Pink Stripey Socks
More Snowman Project Ideas:
- I love this Snowman Sensory Bin From Living Montessori Now
- These Winter Clip Cards look awesome.
- This Olaf CD Craft looks fun from Crafts By Amanda
- I love the cotton ball snowman at Our Little House In The Country.
- This No Sew Easy Sock Snowman Craft from Easy Peasy and Fun looks great.
- This snowman paper plate craft from Crafty Morning looks so cute and simple.
Latest posts by nadia tayob (see all)
- Printable Back to School Preschool Mega Bundle - July 24, 2017
- The Best Rainbow Learning Activities for Preschoolers - July 20, 2017
- 30 + Fun MUST DO Outdoor Activities For Kids! - July 5, 2017