This printable foam shape spring flower matching activity is a wonderful spring themed kids activity that will work on your child’s visual perception and have them creating their own little whiteboard garden. There are so many unique possibilities for your child to create and if you don’t use the printable activity you can use this as an open ended tinker tray and activity.
I have included a printable that can go with this activity if you want to work on visual perception. However, these pieces are just as much fun without the printable and can be more about the process and fun!
– Whiteboards (I use magnetic white boards that I have at home and use for spelling test practice.)
– Foam Shapes (We used the plain one from Lakeshore but they also sell a sticky back one too. That would be great for doing this activity on paper and eliminating the water.)
– Card stock (for the printable)
I set out the flower pieces in the above tray to make it easier for the kids to find their required pieces. You could have your toddler or preschooler help you with sorting the pieces (toddlers love that part…. well, at least the first 10-20 pieces.)
I also had the kids use a slightly wet paintbrush to brush a little bit of water on the magnetic boards. This ensured that the pieces wouldn’t move around too much after they were placed on the board.
Then they started creating.
You could throw in the printable to give them a little challenge too.
More Spring Crafts and activities
- Spring Bugs Egg Carton Craft
- Ladybug Playdoh Math Counting Mats
- Flower Planting Cards Playdough Activity
- How Many Insects In The Jar Spring Counting Activity
- Alphabet Letter Crafts Play Dough Mats, Numbers, and Arabic Numbers
- Paper flowers Hand craft
- Spring Ten Frame Printable
- Spring Ten Frames Printable Activity
- Spring Play dough bead flowers
- Ladybug Numbers and Counting Playdough Mats
- Spring Sensory Bin
- Ladybug paper plate craft
- Ladybug visual perception activity