These Easter Egg Alphabet Letter Matching Puzzles are a great way to work on uppercase and lowercase letter recognition. We are always looking for fun printable alphabet letter crafts and activities. We do a letter of the week curriculum and these would be such a fun addition.
You could use all the uppercase and lowercase letters from previous units and have your child organize these. This activity is perfect for 3 year olds, 4 year olds and even 5 year olds.
Alphabet Letter Matching Activity
Please note that affiliate links are used in this post.
- The printable eggs (found at the bottom of this post)
- Card stock (You can also print on normal paper but it is a lot easier for little fingers to work with when you use a thicker paper like cardstock.)
How to do this activity.
You can watch a video of my daughter doing this activity here.
Prepare the activity
Once you have printed out the eggs on to card stock then cut out each egg. Then cut the dashed lines between each egg.
For younger kids I highly suggest you use a few of the eggs and letters at a time. It can be overwhelming and frustrating for a young child to feel like they have something too challenging to do. I would start with four eggs with a 3 year old and move up based on their comfort level.
Discuss words that start with each letter. Use figurines from your toy chest. I also have a beginning sounds egg puzzle that is coming to the blog soon!
Don’t forget to print out the Easter Pre-writing tracing sheets too!
Download the Easter Alphabet Letter Matching Activity Here
Easter Alphabet Letter Matching Activity
Get your free Easter Alphabet Letter Matching Activity here. Be sure to check out my Easter Activities For Toddlers and Preschool Printables for even more fun printable ideas!
- Editable Egg Hunt
- Plastic Egg Painting
- Easter Counting Clip Cards
- Preschool printable egg hunt with clues
- Easter Egg and Bunny hat
- Come join us on an Easter Egg Hunt
More Alphabet Letter Activities
- Alphabet letter sound mats
- Alphabet letter hunt
- Alphabet letter fishing
- Alphabet Letter Formation Cards and Mess Free Paint
- Alphabet play dough mats
- Build an alphabet letter box
- Alphabet letter game – Runaway Letter (By Growing Book By Book)
- Alphabet Cookie Match Game (By Busy Toddler)
- Contact Paper Alphabet Letter Painting
- Printable Alphabet Letter Crafts (My most popular post!)
Don’t forget to get a free 30 day trial at ABC Mouse – This program is perfect for learning letters and so much more!